Join us to discuss the changing nature of foreign policy, trends in digital diplomacy, and the results of the world’s most comprehensive assessment and comparison of global soft power – The Soft Power 30.
The Soft Power 30 index – a collaboration between Portland and Facebook – brings new clarity to the concept of soft power. Through digital data, objective metrics and international polling, The Soft Power 30 provides a framework for understanding, measuring and comparing the soft power resources of the world’s leading nations.
Using the index as starting point, an esteemed panel of international experts and practitioners will share their views and experience on how soft power and digital diplomacy are shaping the future of global affairs.
Wednesday, October 5th, 2016
Arrival from 6pm. Event starts at 6:30pm
Venue: 1776 | 1133 15th St.NW | 12th Floor | Washington D.C. 20005
- Ambassador Arturo Sarukhan, International consultant, former Mexican Ambassador to the U.S. and former dean of the Latin American Group of Ambassadors to the U.S.
- Ambassador Ashok Kumar Mirpuri, Singapore’s Ambassador to the U.S.
- Katie Harbath, Global Head of Politics and Government Outreach, Facebook.
- Macon Phillips, Coordinator, Bureau of International Information Programs, U.S. Department of State and former Special Assistant to the President and Director of Digital Strategy at the White House.
- Katherine Brown, Executive Director of the United States Advisory Commission on Public Diplomacy.
- Jonathan McClory, Partner at Portland, author of The Soft Power 30 and one of the world’s leading experts on soft power.
If you require any further information, please contact Portland by email.
This event is a collaboration between Portland, Facebook and the Digital Diplomacy Coalition.