JOIN PORTLAND, FACEBOOK, AND THE DIGITAL DIPLOMACY COALITION IN NEW YORK TO DISCUSS THE MOST ACCURATE INDEX OF NATIONAL SOFT POWER EVER PRODUCED.
We are delighted to invite you to a panel event to discuss The Soft Power 30, which Joseph Nye described as “The clearest picture to date of global soft power”.
The nature of global power is rapidly evolving, precipitating far-reaching economic and political changes affecting nations of every size and standing. Today’s multipolar world is punctuated by challenges that are inherently trans-national, where unilateral action rarely succeeds in delivering favourable outcomes of consequence.
In this new and evolving context, soft power – the ability to achieve objectives through attraction, and persuasion – is ever more crucial to the effective conduct of foreign policy and ultimately shaping global events.
September 23, 2015 – 6:00pm
Gary’s Loft – 28 West 36th Street, New York City, NY
- Matthew Rycroft, Ambassador and Permanent Representative at UK Mission to the UN
- Moira Whelan, Deputy Assistant Secretary for Digital Strategy, U.S. Department of State
- Giorgio Pompilio, Deputy Consul General of Switzerland
- Katherine Brown, Executive Director of the United States Advisory Commission on Public Diplomacy
- Jonathan McClory, Partner at Portland, author of The Soft Power 30 and one of the world’s leading experts on soft power
- Katie Harbath, Global Politics and Government Outreach Director, Facebook
Visit the Soft Power 30 website to view the full results, including a detailed analysis from Soft Power expert Jonathan McClory.Check out the Soft Power 30 Facebook page for ongoing information and insight.